Thursday 18 November 2010

Her Self:

Okay, let’s get the basics out of the way: who am I? I won’t bother writing about why I am doing this (attention-needy) or why you would read it (no friends). Just the very basic who am I...

I am 20-something years old, actual age a mystery. Made in Hungary, molded in Toronto, flourishing in London. Well, not exactly flourishing, as my single loo for four people may imply. But the view of the city from our kitchen window makes me feel like a millionaire. You can even see the London Eye and the Gherkin, and the gorgeous sunsets that happen once a month when the sun actually comes out in London... sigh!

My childhood was spent largely in my own mind, creating fantasy stories and really awesome characters. My high school years were also spent largely in my own mind, except I graduated to 3D characters thanks to Final Fantasy video games. This was followed by 4 inspiring years of theatre school mixed with an even more inspiring time traveling, something that I miss dearly and haven’t quite recaptured in subsequent efforts. Perhaps it's only for the early 20's (gasp, I have given away a part of my age!) Once the safety net of school was gone, it was time to flip flop from one thing to another while trying to forge an acting career. I did voiceover in some pretty hilarious commercials. Yoyo Bidet. Durex. Forbidden Science, which turned out to be sci-fi soft core. No joke, check it.

Then one summer day, defeated and run down by life and desperately seeking some clarity, I booked a ticket to London without having any real plan, and just… see. Give it a chance. Find out what could happen. One year later, and I can't say I've reached the level of clarity I was hoping for. But it’s definitely been an interesting year…

So, had enough? Because as much as I like to talk about myself, there are more important things to discuss. Like the word frigid. See next post.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Esther, Its priya- (chalkpr event) couldnt find your email add so thought id comment here! email me at beautywowza@gmail.com

    speak soon

    xxx

    ReplyDelete