Tuesday 4 January 2011

Her New Year:

Well then, after a hiatus due to general holiday busy-bodying, I am back.

Most of it was spent with my mom and aunt, who finally managed to make it to London in true Hollywood-film style. After two cancelled flights due to Canadian-like snow in London (ah, irony), they made it in the knick of time on the morning of the 24th. Now everybody say ‘awww!’
The rest of my time was taken up by playing Final Fantasy XII. Don't you judge, I know you ate that entire turkey.

Anyways, I’m not usually one for making concrete resolutions, but I thought it might be time to give it a try. Not making them hasn’t yielded particularly good results, as my bank account might suggest…

So, here they are:

  • Spend less! I have a serious shopping problem at the best of times. But I think I found a solution. By having spent too much money on a few covetable items (Mulberry handbag, Aquascutum coat, Tiffany earrings, pictures coming soon) I seemed to have killed the shopping bug, as witnessed by my unsuccessful shopping trip to Urban Outfitters today (with a 60 quid gift card). So perhaps now would be a good time to take a long-term break from shopping. Look, but don't spend ;)
  • Share more of my music! I love writing music, but most of my friends haven't actually heard my songs. I want to get a myspace going, play more gigs around London, and write more songs in general. So if you're in the mood for some emo sap, I'll keep you posted. Otherwise, I'll keep you posted. I'm so sorry. 
  • And finally, write more! It's easy to get caught up in daily life, and not want to bother when I come home. My evening routine of dinner-Scrubs-cognac-piano-sleep is lovely, but who will write this blog then? That sort of hamster technology is years away! 

I suppose you can add generics like yoga and whatnot to the list, but I am Hungarian by birth, so my metabolism is still cool for a couple more decades. 

Well, it's 2011 now, so next post we'll take a look at what we have to look forward to in the spring of 2011. And it may involve a time warp to the seventies.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment